Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Letter to Amnesty International (25 March 2009)


The International Executive Committee   
                           
Dear Sirs/Madams,                                                                                                                                                                                        
In early March 2009, I have sent some documents of my issue of a serious human rights violation to Amnesty International through one of my friend. I was expecting that Amnesty International would take action for my issue.  I have no resources and ability to send and receive emails on my own, and how to obtain the information to further process my issue in a right manner, since I have been subjected to 15 years of arbitrary detention and being away from the outside world for such long time. It caused a very big gap for my modern knowledge and ability. So I have to depend on the help of others to send and receive emails and to go ahead with my issue. Please understand my position and difficulty to provide help to protect my dignity and rights set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Any further contacts in this regard please send to Justice Ahmed Shafy (ahmedsa66@gmail.com), he would forward the information to me.

I am Richard Wu Mei De, a Chinese national. I was put in to Jail of Maldives without any legal procedure in November 1993 and was released on 2nd August 1994 with a document of imprisonment time period but again was put in to Jail about a month later without any legal procedure. I was taken out from Jail in February 2009 without any legal procedure. I have attached the documents on the details of the iniquitous intention behind my arbitrary detention and arbitrary releasing also it was very much related with the policy of the Chinese Government.

There were many unbelievable facts on how I was put in to Jail and was taken out. So many legal documents and evidences were taken away by the government of Maldives during the pending period of International Court process.  And also the torturing and ill-treatment I have gone throughout 15 years in Maldivian Jail. Maldivian Human Rights Commission and other related NGO’s in Maldives all denied helping me for such serious case of human rights violations only because I am a foreigner in Maldives. Although, I did several complains to International Human Rights Organizations and International Media, since I was subjected to arbitrary releasing more than a month back but I am still facing the same great difficulties in proper living conditions and my life safety all due to the political power of Maldivian Government. I call for urgent action to secure my position before proper justice to be done through resuming process of International Court case for my long arbitrary detention in Maldives.

I request Amnesty International to investigate on how the government of Maldives uses their political powers to cause the pending of International Court case of my issue and to prolong the pending period, finally trying to close the International Court case by changing the legal ground of the court case through arbitrary releasing me. How political power of Maldivian Government had influenced on UN and Chinese Government to abuse my dignity and rights set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. I plead the Amnesty International will be determined and make my case be heard and help me get away from the cover ups of the truth by the injustice of all political powers.

Thank you
Your Sincerely
Richard WuMeiDe

No comments:

Post a Comment