Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Letter to the Home Minister (23rd June 2009)

23rd June 2009
To: The Minister of Home Affairs

Mr. Mohamed Shihaab

I would like to bring my consideration to your knowledge on the matter of whether I would lodge the settlement of my legal issue of over 15 years arbitrary detention in Maldives at the court of the Maldives.

I had a meeting in the Ministry of Home Affairs of Maldives with some senior officers of the ministry including the deputy minister and two state ministers of the ministry regarding whether I would accept to lodge the case in the court of Maldives for the settlement of my long arbitrary detention in Maldives. I would like to inform you my consideration that in whichever the court to settle this issue has to base on getting fair and proper justice for me. The proper justice has to base on proper investigation over what I have been subjected to inhumane torturing and ill treatment in the prison of the Maldives. How much my personal and the legal documents were taken away by the authority. How can any court to finalize a just settlement without investigate what had happened to me in jail and how much has effected to the life of my family and my business in china?

I am fully aware the meaning of the declaration given to me by the deputy minister Dr. Abdulla Waheed that I would be cut off from every providence of the government even the most basic living needs if I do not accept to lodge my case in the court of Maldives. In fact the cutting off has taken place more than 20 day before this declaration came to me.

In this regards and consideration I have to say that I only can decide in which court to settle my issue until the investigation on the issue is completed. From the investigation report I can only judge out the extent of fairness in the settlement and to decide where I should put my trust for getting justice.
In my consideration if the government of the Maldives to request UN Human Right Council with Chinese government together to conduct a investigation over every concern aspects of my issue with myself to put a same request together it will be quicken the settlement of the issue. Even though I have to suffer much from cutting off providence of basic living needs.
I request you to consider my view point and look forward to hearing from you.
Please forward this letter to all concern officers in the ministry.


Thank you.

You’re sincerely


Richard Wu Mei De


Copy:
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Maldives.
President of Human Right Commission of the Maldives.
Chinese Ambassador.
Chinese Foreign Minister.
State Council of China.
Special Procedure of United Nations Human Right Council.
UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention.
Amnesty International.
International and Local Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment